Greater Geelong Speech Pathology is a private practice. No referral is needed.
Please contact us to discuss your individual situation and the current fees for assessment and therapy services.
If you have private health insurance with extras cover your policy may include some rebate for speech pathology services. Please contact your individual insurer for details about the refund you may receive.
Greater Geelong Speech Pathology is a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider. Your child may be eligible for a Medicare rebate for Speech Pathology sessions. Please contact your GP or paediatrician for more details.
Our clinic staff provide comprehensive diagnostic assessments. They use a variety of methods to evaluate each individual’s skills. These include:
- Collection of family and individual background information
- Review of information from referring agencies and relevant medical professionals
- Assessment of skills based on observations and interactions in the clinic (and if appropriate in a community or education setting)
- Use of evidence based, current and widely used assessment tools for formal data collection
- Dynamic assessment on a range of tasks and skills
- Use of criterion referenced developmental checklists
Our therapists are able to provide evidence-based therapy services in the clinic, the client’s preschool, school, or community setting.
We value a family-centred approach to intervention, working with the client and family/carers’ goals and integrating communication, participation and mealtime goals.
Therapy sessions are generally 30-minute or 60-minute appointments.Learn more about our therapists
Where suitable, clients are able access therapy services in the comfort of their home or community setting via video teleconferencing with the clinic.
We use secure online services to connect the client and therapist.
This service is suitable to a range of clients both locally, in rural and remote locations, interstate and international.
Telehealth sessions are generally 30-minute or 60-minute appointments.Contact us about telehealth